I help women who give lots of their time, energy, brain space and love to other people and to their work, leaving themselves tired, stressed, flat and fed up, to feel calmer, more at ease and in control, energised, grounded and to enjoy their lives much more.
As an introvert and a lifelong overdoing, people-pleaser myself I have spent years learning, experimenting and practising the teachings of positive psychology to discover how I could feel calmer, more in control and really enjoy my life in my own way.
It's because of this research and direct experience, along with coach training, that I can help you tackle the causes of your stress and empower you to feel calmer and trust in yourself, to feel in control and better able to cope, and to experience more joy and ease each day.
As a certified international life and positive psychology coach I have supported individuals as well as organisations such as The Prince’s Trust, CareFirst, Design Nation and Choose to be Healthy Coalition in the US, for more than six years.
As a writer I have written for and been featured in many magazines such as Psychologies, Breathe, The Simple Things, Happy News and the Daily Express newspaper.
I host the Pressing Pause podcast, I’ve been interviewed as a guest on other podcasts and invited to speak at events.
Through my one to one coaching, online courses and workshops I've helped more than 2,100 women find more space, peace, calm and joy in their daily lives.
"I can’t thank you enough for the difference your course has made to my life already and I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface so far. Lots of people around me have been noticing the change in me. For the first time in a long while I’m feeling optimistic for the future."
– Beverley Dent
If you want to feel calmer, more joyful, less stressed and more in control, and you're ready to make changes, let's work together one to one to empower you to life your life as you want to.
Book a call and let's talk.
In The Calm Mind Club membership you get live sessions, expert interviews, recordings, downloads, printables, resources and bonuses, a community of like-minded women who really get how you feel and much more to support you to live a calmer, happier life.
Through my range of online courses and workshops I've helped more than 2,100 people to ditch the stress and find more calm and joy in their daily life. Take a look at the Courses I’ve created to enable you to live the life you want.
I share episodes with inspiration, ideas and actions to empower you to swap your stress for calm, peace, ease and joy. Listen here or wherever you get your podcasts, like Apple Podcasts, iTunes and Stitcher.
As a business, I donate to Women for Women International through their Sponsor a Sister programme which works with women in war-torn places to equip them with the skills to earn money, build their confidence, take care of their health and understand their rights.
This means that when you take one of my courses, coach with me or join The Calm Mind Club, you're providing another woman with much needed support, as well as yourself.
“Gabrielle has helped me to feel less alone and so warmly accepted. Everything she shares is supportive and practical not to mention inspiring! You feel as though you’re reading from and listening to someone who truly does understand.”
• I'm British but happened to have been born in the United States
• I’ve lived in Maryland and Pittsburgh in the US, and Southampton, Leicester, Manchester, Oxford, London, Dorking and now the Brecon Beacons in Wales, UK with my husband and little rescue pup
• I've been volunteering at my local Trussell Trust food bank since 2016
• I can fingerspell and know a few words/phrases in British Sign Language
• I can’t bear cauliflower but love peanut butter and jam sandwiches
• My longest job (before self-employment) was deputy editor of a children’s newspaper and the shortest was a night flipping burgers
• I ran my own stationery company and named it after my favourite fiction book – Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
• I’m spookily good at remembering numbers but rubbish at remembering what I went upstairs for
• My idea of heaven is spending the day curled up reading a book with a cup of tea and my pup
• I don't like scary movies or gritty dramas but I'm a sucker for a quality rom-com
• I’m sensitive, an introvert, highly empathetic, an Obliger and an INFJ
• My pronouns are she/her, I’m an LGBTQ+ ally, actively anti-racist and always open and willing to learn
…reading for hours … walks in the woods with my husband and pup … hearing my nieces and nephews laugh … tea and cake … starting a new notebook … sharing a meal with friends … pottering around my veg beds … singing along to cheesy pop songs very loudly … the smell of freesias … Italy … feeling the sun on my face…
I'm a certified life and positive psychology coach having studied life coaching with the Beautiful You Life Coaching Academy and positive psychology coaching with the Wholebeing Institute. I have also studied mindfulness with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University and I’ve completed the Brain Science and Wellness Education Program with the Neuroscience Academy. I am currently studying a Masters degree in Applied Positive Psychology.
As a lifelong learner with an endless curiosity I'm committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
“Gabrielle's deep knowledge of how we think and positive psychology is a breath of fresh air. Everything she shares is authentic, uplifting and genuinely helpful.”